Import Mail Account Settings from file
You can easily import your backed up mail account settings with these simple steps.
- Open Airmail App
- Click on File in the Menu Bar
- Choose Import Account Settings
4. Choose the folder where you exported the mail account settings.You will recognise the files with the .ams extension e.g. email@example.com
5. Click on Import
Note that some accounts, like Gmail, will require you to sign in again.
Exporting Mail Accounts to Disk
Airmail makes it easy to export mail account settings for backup or to use when setting up Airmail on a new computer.
1. Open Airmail App
2. Click on File in the Menu Bar
3. Choose the location to export to.
4. Click export.
You will now see a list of your email accounts in finder all with an .ams extension:e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org