This article focusses on the left and right swipe actions while in the message list of the Airmail App.
Note that a maximum of 4 actions may be assigned to swipe.
Set & Reorder Swipe Actions
1. Tap the menu icon ≡ in the top left corner on the app, which will reveal the menu.
2. Tap on Settings
3. Scroll down to Swipes and tap on it
4. Choose to edit the left or the right swipe actions.
5. A list will be displayed with the possible actions to assign to a swipe.
6. All the actions marked with a blue checkmark ✓ are active. Note that only 4 actions can be chosen.
7. To reorder, Tap & hold the reorder icon (≡) on the right on an action. Now drag the action in the appropriate order.
In this view, actions can also be enabled or disabled by clicking on the blue checkmark on the left an action.
Click on done, when finished with the reordering.
Using Swipe Action
Swipe actions are used in the message list of Airmail App. To use these actions swipe to the left or to the right. Since four actions can be assigned to a swipe, the action depends on the length of the swipe.
In this example, we will demonstrate the left swipe. The actions assigned to the left swipe are Trash and Star.
A short swipe to the left will activate the trash action. Once the Trash icon is visible, lift finger to set action in motion.
A longer swipe will display the Star icon. Release finger to set this action in motion.